Thursday, March 20, 2008

PERFORMANCE & STABILITY

Thursday’s Blog

I’ve only been doing this blog for four days and I’ve gained even more respect for Matt Lombard and other bloggers I read regularly. This is actually work…

I’ve been pleasantly surprised at the stability of SolidWorks 2008. The number of crashes has been greatly reduced on our systems. In fact, I get more crashes in DWGeditor than with SolidWorks. This bodes well for us users. I say this based on what I heard at SolidWorks World about how a ‘renewed’ concentration has been placed on performance and stability in the upcoming release. I think that some of this new philosophy actually started in SW2008. I know stability can be greatly affected by hardware, operating systems and even other installed applications. But being the one who usually experiences these problems and using the same system that I was using with SW2007 I am encouraged so far.

What about you? Register (completely painless) and post some comments about this or other issues you want to discuss. The hardest part of writing a blog is finding something to write about, you can help me by giving me some feedback.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment