Friday, May 16, 2008

3D sketches, Windows 7, and TGIF

First things first, as usual Matt Lombard was exceptional last night. He is the type of guy you want to hang around with just hoping that some of his expertise will rub off on you. The results of our first modeling contest dictated that our members as a whole needed help with 3D sketches, so on the fly Matt changed his hints & tips presentation into a seminar on 3d sketches. This guy is awesome; if he wasn’t married he’d be meeting my oldest daughter! Keep watching this space for more detailed info as I try to make sense of the few notes I took.

A few blogs ago I discussed Windows XP versus Vista. For all you who are still riding on the XP bandwagon (that would be me) you will want to read this:

Keep XP fresh until Windows 7 Arives

The computer and network upgrade process at Byers Precision is proceeding with some urgency now. In the last few weeks we have had a rash of computer and server issues that has led to at least 100 hours of lost work…that we know of. We’ve been in contact with Dell and had one of their 3rd party evaluators out for site inspection. Our workstations were hand built about 4 years ago using what we thought were quality components, not top of the line mind you but highly rated for their price. But as with all things they break. We had all the info we needed to proceed with an order to Dell when the owner decides that maybe we ought to talk to HP also. The gentleman in charge of putting all this together was very upset to say the least.

3 comments:

  1. Jeff,

    Bad news for your oldest daughter: I'm not married.

    My girlfriend Kim is willing to give her a reprieve, though. Boy, did I get a nasty look when she read that!

    Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the meeting. Thanks also for the help getting Wes' laptop running again.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt,
    Sorry didn't mean to get you in trouble with the girl friend, but if you're ever in Greensboro I know someone that could show you the town...LOL At least I hope you're laughing.
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is this windows7 ? can anybody explain me about it?

    http://binarytricks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete