Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Follow ups to some of my posts

Follow ups to some of my posts

Thanks to Matt Lombard and Wes Cobb some people are actually reading the blog. So now it has evolved from just a brain exercise on my part to something I ‘almost’ feel obligated to try to do every day. I really do have a whole new respect for bloggers in general and especially those that consistently provide informative and fresh information and not just a bunch of links to stuff they found on the web. Believe me this is work, I enjoy it but it is still work. My commitment to you, my readers, is to write about CAD in general and SolidWorks in particular. I may seem to digress from this from time to time but be assured if you look deep enough you will find the connection. I also commit to only write about what I know; this is why my posts are so short. I might be wrong in what I say or just ignorant of something, that’s where you can help me out by leaving a comment correcting me. I will learn and someone else might learn also.

One of my posts that has generated interest is this one:

SolidWorks and WeightWatchers

Matt refers to it on his on blog:

Blogging for Dollars

Read them and post some comments either on this blog or Matt’s.

I was corrected by an anonymous commenter on this post:

SolidWorks Import/Export

I tried installing the Autodesk Inventor View yesterday and it does work. I was able to import the Inventor file into SolidWorks. Here is the page with the download:

Autodesk Inventor View

You do end up with a ‘dumb’ imported solid but that is better than nothing. It was interesting to note that the two files I tested this on could not be opened in the viewer itself. The error seems to indicate that the database of the parts needed to be updated to the current Inventor version. No comment for fear of being extremely flamed by Inventor users…

No comments:

Post a Comment