Wednesday, June 18, 2008

New Dells, CSWA/CSWP and my garden?

All the new computer equipment is here from Dell now...$70,000 worth. We set up one of the workstations and the 24” monitor is awesome. The installer will be here next week to get everything up and running. Note to myself: Don’t forget to do the SolidWorks license transfers.

My brother is a professional IT person. I spent last night helping (mostly watching) him fix a slew of problems at the company that my wife works at. What a mess! I just thought the network problems at Byers were bad. One of their servers is running Windows NT4 and only has a 6 GB hard drive.

If you have any thought of taking advantage of the free CSWP or CSWA test you need to be reminded that this offer ends on the 30th. SolidProfessor has a course to help you prepare for it. See Matt’s blog on this subject for more info and the way to get 50% off the price.

I did my first harvest from the garden last night: 3 grape tomatoes, 4 zucchini and 2 crooked neck squash. I’ve been cutting basil and lettuce for weeks but this was the first real veggies to come from the garden. I believe I’m going to have a good crop this year. The squash and zucchini are loaded with blooms and I have little green tomatoes coming out of my ears. Another note to self: Don’t waste the garden space on strawberries; you must need an acre or more planted to get any amount at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment